Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blog Post: Macro Photography

http://www.naturephotographers.net/imagecritique/ic.cgi?a=vg5&ns=1

     I found the Nature Photographers Online Magazine when I was searching the internet for nature photographs. I looked through quite a bit of the galleries, but my favorite gallery was the Macro and Close-up Gallery. I really enjoy photographs that follow the rule of larger is more attractive than smaller. I enjoy this style of shooting the best because of how much detail the subject of the picture has. This makes the subject look much more interesting rather than if the main subject was farther back in the picture and there was other smaller subjects stealing focus away in the picture as well.

     I especially like this photo that I found in the gallery because the subject demands your attention, drawing your eye straight to the main subject and to nothing else. If this leaf was taken at a farther distance and not using macro photography then you would have never been able to view the interesting details on the leaf. How one side of the leaf seems more speckled and the inner side of the curved leaf has more curved long lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment