Wednesday, September 15, 2010

7th Blog Post: Kenneth Gordon West Jr.

http://www.ioscapes.com/Galleries.html

     I am originally from the state of Iowa, and I absolutely love it there. I love every single thing about this place, especially the rolling hills of plains.When I was searching the internet for nature photographers of Iowa I came across a photographer named Kenneth Gordon West Jr. I really enjoyed the photographs he displayed on his website, especially the ones from his Summer and Fall galleries.
     There is one photo in the Fall gallery that I enjoy a lot. It may be boring to others when they view the picture, but I absolutely love it. There  is a small farm in the very background of the photo, but the main focus is on the hay bail that is in front of the rolling hills. The picture is filled by the light of the low sunset. There is back lighting from the sun which is creating a shadow around the main hay bail. I just love seeing these pictures because they remind me of back home right before I drive back into the town. I love how much of West's work has different lighting techniques, and most of the time his main focus of the photo is well lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment